With that in mind here are a few predictions for next year that will likely not happen regardless of how good of an idea they are or how much we'd like to see them happen.
1. A unified Bass Fishing Championship; we've talked about this for years. FLW and BASS send their best to a single championship to see who rules
the world. Great idea that will never happen, egos, sponsor conflicts or whatever it just ain't gonna happen.
2. Every tournament everywhere using a release boat; since catch and release started there has been delayed mortality, release boats help curb that mortality significantly. Still some of the biggest tournament operations in the country don't use them most complaining about cost. This ain't gonna happen either.
3. MLF takes fishing main stream; So far things look cool from MLF but it's still fishing and we're all still bubbas in boats swillin' beer and drowning worms to the general public. Maybe it will happen but I'm not holding my breath.
4. No schedule conflicts between FLW and BASS; This isn't happening either, no good reason for it, guys want to fish both but they can't.
5. Professional Fishing on Prime Time; Kind of goes along with #3, if poker, monster trucks and wrestling can get a prime time shot how about a little love for fishing? Again ain't gonna happen same reasons as #3.
6. An information ban that works; A novel concept who's time has come, make a lake truly off limits and if you get get caught collecting non - public info your DQ'd. Nope, to un-enforceable, we can't do that, we'd have to be with the angler 24/7, we have an honor system ........... whatever
There ya have it our predictions for 2012 that are guaranteed not to happen no matter what. We'd love to be right and have a couple come true but chances are we wrong ........... or right about being wrong........
Got any you want to share Nostradamus?